June 2015 – Another Project

I have spent the past two winters cleaning snow off the car and the truck until I was totally fed up. I also had to clean the snowblower before using it. Enough is enough.

Garages1 - CopyIt all started with the removal of some trees

Garages2 - Copy

Then the removal of stumps and widening the area

Garages2a - CopyThen came two loads of gravel and smoothing the area.

Garages3 - CopyThe arrival of the garages. One 20×30 for the truck and plow and tractor and ATV. A smaller one for the car.

Garages4Then with the help of PDG Doug Logan and RCMP Cst John Kennedy the main structure went up in one morning. An impossible task for less that 3 with a little help for Dale and Karen. Next chore is boring as I have to set the anchors before getting the cover on. Stay tuned.

Garages-6Dale and I took a morning to erect the frame and cover for the small garage. I still have to tigten the cover down but it is secure and safe at this point.

Garages7Here we are on the final day. One week from starting and really only 3 half days of actually working on the two. All is in place and secure. I will spend some time over the next week adjusting and tightening the fabric and frames and get the rollup door operational. Today we put the main fabric cover on. It took 4 of us but went smoothly. The key is getting the frame square and adjusted as the cover is made to fit exactly. Although it was not really a hot day, it did not take long for the heat inside to build up. Like being in a hot house. Hopefully it will nt be taken over with plants.☺